2025 Wrapped Up



Time to take a brief look how the year went. Let's start with the negatives.


1. The Politics


There's not much to celebrate, is there? The war in Ukraine keeps going on, things in the Middle East still aren't looking great, and the Trump administration madness continues to keep everyone on their toes. Our own administration in Finland is quite likely one of the worst we have ever had, failing at everything except making our country look like a backwards, racist land of idiots.


2. Sad News

Among my family members, there was a lot of grief brought by untimely deaths and illnesses.


3. Things That Didn't Change

I failed to sell my apartment which was the main thing I planned to accomplish this year. I also intended to lose weight, but instead ended up gaining some. My mental health still isn't great, and in case some of you are curious about my love life, there just isn't any (not that I would deserve an A for effort, for that matter).


Before this gets too depressing, let's look at the positives shall we? My top three Nice Things for 2025 are:


1. Improved Social Life

My circle of friends has expanded significantly this year, and the days I spend just staying home alone are nowadays few and far between. This has been giving me a significant mood boost, especially towards the end of this year.


2. A New Hobby

Very much related to the last point, picking up darts as a hobby has been great for me. It's brought me into some new circles, has given me a daily routine and feelings of success and although I often struggle with my anxiety during matches, I feel that might get better over time too as I keep exposing myself to it.


3. This Blog

I have completely surprised myself by managing to keep this thing going. It's all because of you guys; I've gotten some really encouraging feedback from you, and so I'll keep going as long as you want to read my stuff.


Thank you so much for this year, and see you again in 2026 ❤️

Comments

  1. It's been great reading your blog this year ❤️ I'm happy you started writing it and I hope you keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year! I'm glad you made new friends and you've been busy with activities:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Relative Age Effect

Rememberment, Chapter XXI: 1986

Rememberment, Chapter XX: Christmas Quarrels